Call For Papers | The 5th International Symposium on China's Image and Global Communication
More than two years into the COVID-19 pandemic, the global landscape is undergoing profound and dramatic changes, and global communication is facing a high degree of uncertainty. Against the backdrop of the 50th anniversary of the “Shanghai Communiqué” and the recent Summer and Winter Olympic Games, we hope to understand the increasingly complex international communication in the era of digital technology by exploring whether global communication can promote international cooperation and whether global sports events can shape the common meaning of all human beings. At the same time, we remain continuously concerned about the relationship between China's national image and the world, and aspired to explore the role of multiple agencies in global cultural communication. In addition, we pay special attention to global journalism education innovation in the post-pandemic era, and to the role that journalism education practitioners can play in the process of global communication.
The 5th International Forum on China's Image and Global Communication will be held on June 18, 2022, at the Hongkou Campus of Shanghai International Studies University (SISU). The forum will invite scholars from home and abroad to discuss theoretical and practical issues relating to national image and global communication.
I. Time and venue
Time: Saturday, June 18, 2022
Venue: Hongkou Campus, Shanghai International Studies University/Online
II. Main Organizer
Shanghai International Studies University (SISU)
School of Journalism and Communication, Shanghai International Studies University (SISU)
Center for Global Public Opinion of China, Shanghai International Studies University
Digital Global Communication Research Center, School of Journalism and Communication, Shanghai International Studies University (SISU)
Online Media & Global Communication is a new free open access English language refereed journal published quarterly by De Gruyter and sponsored by Shanghai International Studies University. It aims to publish high quality, innovative and original research on global communication especially in the use of global online media platforms such as Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, Weibo, WeChat, Wikipedia, web sites, blogs, etc., in an effort to make theoretical contributions under the contextual scenarios of and based on practices of online media and global communication, particularly in but not limited to the Global South. This journal will address the contemporary concerns about the effects and operations of global digital media platforms on international relations, international public opinion, fake news and propaganda dissemination, consumer behavior as well as the balance of voices in the world.
1. Special Topic: International Communication and Global Cooperation on the Occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the Shanghai Communiqué
2. Special Topic: Olympic Games and Global Sports Events Communication in the Post-pandemic Era
3. Special Topic: New Trends in Global Journalism and Communication Education
4. Media, Discourse, and China's Image in Global Communication
5.Digital Cities and Urban Communication in the Perspective of Global Communication
6. Digital News Production and News Innovation
7. Social Media and Global Communication
8. Global Cultural Communication of Multiple Agencies
9. Multinational Enterprises, International Brands and Global Communication
10. Other Related Topics
VII. Conference languages
Chinese and English, with simultaneous interpretation
VIII. Requirements and Timetable for Submission
1. The call for papers is open to domestic and international scholars. Papers can be submitted in Chinese or English, since the symposium is equipped with simultaneous interpretation.
2. Papers and panel proposals are not limited to fields or disciplines. Papers and panel proposals of 7,000-12,000 words from a wide range of fields, including journalism and communication, political science, international studies, linguistics, computer and information science, and sociology, are welcome. The panel proposal should include the topic, moderator, participants, and abstracts of the participants' presentations.
3. Please send papers and proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title Affiliated organization-Author-Title.
4. Deadline: April 24, 2022
Invitation letter for selected papers will be sent before May 15, 2022
5. Selected papers will have the opportunity to be published in Online Media and Global Communication or in a book.
The organizing committee will provide working meals on the day of the forum. Accommodation and travel expenses should be covered by the participants.
Address: Room 920, Building 1, Shanghai International Studies University, No. 550 Dalian Road, Shanghai
Organizers of the 5th International Symposium on China's Image and Global Communication